Wednesday, July 10, 2019

All about the kids & families, even as a #professional #relationships #studentathletes

Holding a Masters of Science in Sport Administration, I am fan of sports, deeply rooted in the advocacy of the #studentathlete and their identity after competing.

While compliance was my focus during coursework, the student-athlete remains the source of my passion and provides tremendous insight, as to why I do what I do.

As a servant leader, follower of Christ, and educated, I put my money where my mouth is. In that, I decided to obtain my masters from Liberty University.

The journey in launching the Louisville Prospects Foundation, Inc. was to advocate for student-athletes and their families. The ultimate goal was and is to help generate scholarship dollars to pay for school, using basketball.

In 2010, my mentor in estate planning listened to my idea. He told me, after listening to me talk about it daily, “if you do not start this, I will.”

Nine years later, we have helped generate over $17M in scholarships/student aid, helping families and student-athletes avoid costly tuition and student loan debt.

Although we are proud of our efforts, there is much more to do. There remains other avenues in which to help student-athletes.

Helping student-athletes by other means than teaching basketball and obtaining scholarships, means more work and planning, must be done.

This publication marks that next era of my work, and for many, if it is truly your passion, it is not work. Following this publication, I will continue laying the foundation to help student-athletes but now, beyond the hardwood!

First, using reverse-engineering, I will look at life during & following basketball for student-athletes, after signing that scholarship, walking on or whatever avenue they have followed.

Many have followed a path in order to live out their dreams and reach their goals of playing collegiate basketball, from NCAA Division I to Community College, and all those in between.

The journey begins with research, practical analysis, and plenty of interviews and guests invited to provide insight of their personal journey.

That is what fascinates me, the individual journey, their passion, and their ‘why!’ I will attempt to do my best to articulate this in such a manner that excites and interests the readers.

There will be a Godly aspect, as I am a servant leader. I hope not to alienate, rather inspire you to tag along for the journey and possibly motivate readers to view differently, the student-athlete.

Thank you for reading. I would truly love and appreciate if you shared this and offered feedback.

God’s speed!

Follow us on Facebook @LouProspectsFou
Follow us on Facebook @AdvocateInsurers






No comments:

Post a Comment